I have created a new Github branch in my repository and called it demo2. It includes the code and configuration changes as well as the data from the two sets of kayaking data in the last few posts.
Specifically it includes the following modifications from demo1:
Both data sets are in the rtklib\data\demo2 folder. Fore1.ubx and Aft1.ubx are the first data set. Fore2.ubx and Aft2.ubx are the second data set. Note that both data sets have 5 samples per second. In demo1, the data had only 1 sample per second. This will affect any input configuration parameter that has units of counts, since generally the time periods should not be dependent on the sample rate. The receiver is actually sampling at a much higher rate than the output so, in general, increasing the output sample rate should only increase the resolution of the data, not the precision or accuracy.
- Added an additional position variance constraint for fix-and-hold to avoid erroneous holds occurring before the kalman filter has had time to converge as described in the previous post.
- Updated the writes to the trace file to make the trace output more meaningful for my experiments
- pos2-arthres: 0.999 → .002 ( variance threshold, the original value was unused)
- pos2-arlockcnt: 30 → 150 (Both values are 30 secs, different sample rates)
- pos2-arminfix 10 → 100 (10 sec → 20 sec)
- pos2-minfixsats 4 → 5 (minimum valid satellites for fix)
- pos2-minholdsats 5 → 6 (minimum valid satellites for hold)
- remove unused parameters (arthres2, arthres3, arthres3, armaxiter)
I’m always interested in other people’s experiences. Please leave a comment if you find other interesting observations with this data or code or configuration changes, or if you have any questions about them.